VWC Parenting Classes
STEP: Systematic Training for Effective Parenting Fifteen-Week
- Practical and effective help for parents.
- Seven-week program that focuses on topics important
to parents today.
- Provides valuable training to parents on how to communicate
with their children.
- Easy to understand and apply.
- Provides video examples so parents can see how to
apply the techniques.
What STEP will help you do ·
- Understand yourself and your child
- Understand beliefs and feelings
- Encourage your child and yourself
- Listen and talk to your child
- Help your children learn to cooperate
- Discipline that makes sense
- Choosing your approach
The STEP Parent's Handbook:
- Covers essential topics such as single parents, stepfamilies,
and cooperation in the family, schoolwork, homework,
drugs, violence and gangs
- Each chapter deals with real-life situations
- Includes at-home activities that help parents apply
the STEP techniques
Valley Women's Center
22110 Roscoe Blvd., Suite 204
Canoga Park, CA 91304
Tel: (818) 713-8700
Call for fee information.